$200 deposit required to Reserve 1/4 Beef $400 deposit required to Reserve 1/2 Beef $600 deposit required to Reserve Whole Beef
Allow up to 4-8 weeks for meat to be Ready
Personal Checks accepted and Credit Cards through Square or Pay Pal Feel Free to Email with Questions or give us a Call email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 360-934-5840 Cell Phone: 541-270-4284
Do you Need Delivery? We can Deliver to Western Washington and Oregon
How Much Meat Will I Get?
Not all of the cow makes it to the table. On average, a 1,000 pound steer will only weigh approximately 61% of it’s live weight once it makesit to the rail. This approximate 39% loss during the slaughter and dressing procedure is a result of the animal being bled and the hide, head,hooves, viscera, lungs and heart being removed. The remaining 61% is often referred to as the “HangingWeight” or the weight “On theRail”. But, the loss doesn’t stop there. Once the carcass is on the rail it begins to leach moisture(shrink) which accounts for additional weight loss. This along with the fat and bone removed during the cutting account for an additional 18% loss. In summary, a steer weighing 1,000 pounds on the hoof will average around 430 pounds of retail cuts (steaks, roasts, groundbeef, stew beef, etc.).